Your Greatest Fear is Your Greatest Superpower
with Lindsay Sutherland Boal
I didn't have a rock bottom, I had a rock "enough".
Lindsay Sutherland Boal
On this episode, my wonderful guest, Lindsay Sutherland Boal, tells us about her first year of sobriety and what led to the morning she decided to quit drinking. We also talk about the different levels of drinking, knowing there is a problem but not being ready to quit, the steps Lindsay took after she quit drinking, releasing the pursuit of perfection and what day ones really represent. Most importantly, how to turn your fear and shame into your superpower.
Lindsay Sutherland Boal, is the Principal Coach at "The Curator Coach", founder of the national movement "SHE WALKS CANADA", the executive responsible for Relationship Development at "Urban Outline Building Group", and the Producer and Host of the video podcast "The COVID Chronicles Canada". She is an ultra-distance athlete and in her early career, an opera singer and actress.
- It's Okay if you Know You Have a Problem and Not Being Able to Quit
- The Morning Lindsay Decided to Quit Drinking
- Taking Responsibility for the Situation
- How Lindsay Took Care of Herself After Drinking
- The Day She Announced Her Sobriety Story Publically
- Lindsay Finding Her Purpose Through Walking
- Lindsay's Walking Schedule
- The First Six Months Cold Turkey and What Lindsay Learned
- Releasing the Pursuit of Perfection
- What Day One Really Represents
- How to Turn Your Fear and Shame into Your Superpowers
Find Lindsay here:
If you like the podcast, please consider subscribing to the podcast and share it with your friends!
I'm Lori Massicot, the host of To 50 and Beyond.
I started the podcast in 2018 with a mission to talk about aging and sobriety and share stories of hope and inspiration in midlife and beyond.
My continued mission is to bring women over 40 together over topics that don't usually get discussed aloud to break through the shame and stigma that holds us back from being, doing, and experiencing BETTER.
It's never too late to travel another path and have fun along the way.
I know you're ready to ROCK your very best self To 50 and Beyond!
Join my email community
Stay connected through once-a-week Tuesday morning emails to help you feel better inside and out alcohol-free.
Spam not included. You can unsubscribe at any time.