Mastering Resilience and Living with Chronic PainNov 02, 2020
How do you turn tragedy into triumph when all of the odds are stacked against you? You make a choice, and you take your power back like my guest, Amberly Lago, has done.
In episode 100 of the To 50 & Beyond Podcast, Amberly Lago shares her story of resilience and mastering the art of grit and grace. Amberly talks about being the victim of sexual abuse in her home to becoming an elite athlete and surviving a near-fatal accident that left her with an incurable disease dubbed the suicide disease.
At age 38, her life was turned upside down, and after that, her story is nothing short of remarkable. Recovering from 24 surgeries to save her leg from amputation, Amberly chose to take her power back.
Amberly Lago is a leading expert in the field of resilience, transformation, and health and wellness. Amberly shares her passion for turning tragedies into triumphs at exclusive workshops, public events, corporate summits, and schools. She offers a carefully curated set of practical tools to teach others how to tap into their superpower of resilience and persevere through any of life's challenges.
- Aging and social media
- Aligning with women who share your same purpose + passion
- Growing up in a home where she didn’t feel safe because of sexual abuse
- Shame and sexual abuse
- Becoming an elite athlete through default
- Fitness as medicine
- Leaving an abusive marriage
- Losing her athletic ability after her accident
- Complex Regional Syndrome
- Drinking wine to numb out the pain both physically and emotionally
- How to find the courage to reach out for help
- Isolation and feeling like no one understands what you are going through
- Getting sober
- Chronic Pain Shame
- Accepting her truth + what she looked like to heal
- Morning routines
- Finding worthiness + self-compassion + love for yourself
- Stepping into and receiving the acceptance
- Shifting into feeling gratitude
- Using affirmations in a positive way
- Focusing on the solution instead of the problem
- Living with Chronic Pain and learning from it
- Resilience and getting back up again
To find Amberly:
Are you subscribed to the To 50 and Beyond podcast on iTunes?
I don't want you to miss an episode. I have amazing interviews and bonuses coming your way very soon. Click here to subscribe now.
If you like what you hear, please consider leaving a review over on iTunes. Your review will help other people find my podcast, and it helps keep me going. I truly appreciate your love. Go to iTunes and select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what you like (or love) about To 50 & Beyond. I thank you in advance.
Pin this post for later and share with others!
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.