Respect Yourself and Skip the Crisis
Maybe you've had a bad day, a bad week, or a bad year, that doesn't mean you are in crisis mode. Let's leave the crisis back in the 60s and move into the present time, showing up as midlife women who can handle anything, especially a crisis.
The beautiful Valerie Albarda, founder of Midlife A -Go-Go joins me in Episode 116 of the To 50 and Beyond podcast. Valerie shares her journey through perimenopause, how she has learned to listen to her body, and respect herself, facing her fears to challenge herself, getting back into the workforce at fifty-five, and taking the crisis out of aging.
- Putting age into perspective
- Debunking the myths of midlife
- Facing her fears and trying out to be a TedX speaker
- Bad things happen at any stage of life - it's not a crisis!
- Exploring the myth of the midlife crisis
- PVC's in perimenopause
- Not getting answers from your doctor when it comes to menopause
- Doing your own research to help you through perimenopause
- Listening to your body in menopause and beyond
- Having respect for yourself
- Showing up in life as your real self and not a facade
- Committing to you and following through
- Deciding what to commit to
- Pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to grow
- Power walking, strength training, and building muscle mass
- Going back into the workforce at fifty-five
In 2015, Valerie Albarda decided to take off the blinders and go through life with her midlife eyes wide open by embracing this dynamic and opportunistic time in her life. That same year, she started Midlife-A-Go-Go to help women navigate this pivotal time in their lives and to understand that they can enjoy the midlife and skip the crisis. In 2018, she added "Midlife-A-Go-Go the podcast!" to her roster. Her podcast meets women where they live – in the second spring of life – and has candid conversations on the ups, the downs, and the "everything in between" of midlife.
In addition to being the force behind Midlife-A-Go-Go, Valerie is a writer, author, and speaker. Her writings have appeared across the web, including on HuffPost, Find UR Cool, Kindra, and Midlife Boulevard.
Find Valerie here:
Subscribe & leave a rating on iTunes:
Are you subscribed to the To 50 and Beyond podcast on iTunes?
I don't want you to miss an episode. I have amazing interviews and bonuses coming your way very soon. Click here to subscribe now.
If you like what you hear, please consider leaving a review over on iTunes. Your review will help other people find my podcast, and it helps keep me going. I truly appreciate your love. Go to iTunes and select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what you like (or love) about To 50 & Beyond. I thank you in advance.
Pin for later!
Join my email community
Stay connected through once-a-week Tuesday morning emails to help you feel better inside and out alcohol-free.
Spam not included. You can unsubscribe at any time.