Listen to all episodes here.
It's hard to know the signs of narcissistic abuse and complex trauma. This is why I invited my guest, Dr. Ingrid Clayton to come on the podcast and share her personal and professional knowledge of dealing with a narcissist and recovering from complex trauma.
Dr. Ingrid is a clinical psychologist and the author of the books; Believing Me: Healing from Narcissistic Abuse and Complex Trauma and Recovering Spirituality: Achieving Emotional Sobriety in Your Spiritual Practice. In this episode, she shares how writing her book, Believing Me, helped her to heal from complex trauma.
Dr. Ingrid also talks about the difference between trauma & complex trauma, the symptoms of complex trauma, and shares her experience growing up in an alcoholic home. Moreover, she explains what gaslighting is and how it shows up and shares tips on healing from trauma.
What You'll Discover
During this episode, you will learn about;
- What is the difference between trauma and complex trauma
- Symptoms of complex trauma
- Big trauma vs. little trauma and why Dr. Clayton doesn't care for this language
- Her experience growing up in an alcoholic home and how she realized that she was experiencing trauma
- What gaslighting, and self-gaslighting is
- Ingrid’s Self-gaslighting experience
- How Dr.Ingrid’s childhood trauma impacted her adult relationships
- Dr. Ingrid’s life as an alcoholic
- What is gaslighting, and how does it show up?
- Tips on how to heal from trauma
To connect with Dr. Clayton, please visit:
If you like this episode, you'll enjoy these too!
Lori's Private Coaching
Hello, I'm Lori Massicot! I'm a certified life coach, podcast host, and advocate for sobriety in women in midlife and beyond. I'm on a mission to help you find joy and confidence in living alcohol-free later in life. I'm happy you're here!
Join Lori's email community to receive a weekly email designed to help you live alcohol-free. You will also receive podcast episodes, and special offers for coaching.
Spam not included. Unsubscribe at any time.